FVA has got a long track record in child sponsorship programs in the community through which
250 children have benefited. FVA is currently implementing child sponsorship programs in
Rusororo – Gasabo and Ruheru in Nyaruguru. FVA’s approach is working with the community
to identify children who need support. Our main focus is to improve the well-being of children in
need, especially the most vulnerable through catering for their needs by linking them to sponsors
to support them. Through this program, FVA undertakes the following activities :
- Conduct assessments in the community to identify the most vulnerable children.
- Select the most vulnerable children to support in partnership with the local leaders.
- Child profiling (taking photos, recording date of birth, weight and height, family history,
- environment, education level and progress, health status).
- Linking children to sponsors who pay for their school education.
- Translate letters between sponsors and the children.
- Develop a data base of all children under the sponsorship program.
- Conduct monthly child monitoring
- Update the children’s profile if there are changes in their status